When drill size and/or remote site mobilization becomes an issue, Drillers Edge offers a lighter-weight drill rod alternative in deep hole (D), reverse flank (R), and standard wireline (WL) thread forms.
Reduces Weight, Drills Deeper, Lasts Longer
A variable wall thickness ensures a strong joint while decreasing the overall weight of the drill rod without compromising life.
- Weight reduction: N = 12% | H = 22% | P = 23%
- Allows for deep holes with smaller, lower-powered drill
- Mobilization to site easier and less expensive (fly jobs)
- Ideal for demanding projects requiring hole deviation
QUALITY MATERIALS & WORKMANSHIP
Lightweight wireline drill rod is manufactured using high-quality alloy steel tubing with same mechanical properties as parallel wall. This allows for a thinner midbody to increase overall flexibility.
Each stage of the process, from material selection to manufacturing, packaging and handling, is controlled and supported by an experienced team — you can be confident that every rod that leaves our factory will perform to your expectations.
- High-quality alloy steel tubing with same mechanical properties as parallel wall
- Thinner mid-body for increased flexibility
- Treated to reduce bent rods
- Through-hardened box and pin ends maximize joint strength and increase rod life
PRECISION MACHINED THREADS
Drillers Edge joints are designed to be more secure. After a final quench and temper heat treatment, threads are precision machined and then further hardened to ensure more consistent wear resistance, significantly less galling of both the pin and box threads, and less chance of the joint pulling apart.
- Available in standard wireline (WL), deep hole (D), and reverse flank (R) thread forms
- Complete line of accessory products are manufactured to the same precision
DRILLERS EDGE CORING RODS BROCHURE