MODIFIED CELLULOSIC POLYMER SUSPENSION
LIQUI-TROL viscosifer is a free-flowing, liquid suspension of a modified natural cellulosic polymer, in an ultra-clean oil. LIQUI-TROL viscosifer of polymer when added to a QUIK-GEL or BORE-GEL slurry, yields a drilling mud system suitable for drilling in water sensitive formations.
- Effective in fresh water, salt water and brackish water-based drilling fluids
- Effective in small quantities for filtration control
- Compatible with other Baroid drilling fluid additives
- Resistant to harsh environments and contaminants
- Can provide filtration control in fresh or brackish water-based drilling fluids
- Can promote borehole stability in water sensitive formations
- Can pour a slug of concentrate into drill string directly to sweep the hole
- Can minimize rotational torque and circulating pressure
- Can improve hole cleaning and core recovery
- Can stiffen the foam to improve cuttings transport in air/gel-foam drilling
- Can reduce air requirements, uphole velocity and borehole annulus pressure
Appearance: Off-white, free-flowing, viscous fluid
Specific gravity: 0.98
pH (0.3% solution): 9.0
Flash Point, PMCC °F, °C: 185, (85)
Pour Point, °F (°C): 35, (1.7)
Freeze Point, °F (°C): -40, (-40)
MIXING & HANDLING
Using Venturi Mixer, or into vortex of a high-speed stirrer, add slowly and uniformly to entire circulating system.
Used to slug down the rods to produce a high viscosity hole-cleaning sweep.
|Approximate Amounts of LIQUI-TROL viscosifier or polymer Added to Water-Based Fluids|
|Added to fresh or salt water||qt/100 gal||liters/m³|
|To help stabilize water sensitive formation||4 – 6||10 – 15|
|To help reduce torque and lower circulating pressure||2 – 4||5 – 10|
|Added to QUIK-GEL slurry (25 pounds per 100 gallons) (30 kilograms per m³)||qt/100 gal||liters/m³|
|To help enhance drilling mud fluid properties||1 – 2||2.5 – 5|
|To help improve drilling mud suspension and stabilization capabilities||2 – 4||5 – 10|
|Added to injection liquid in air/foam drilling||qt/100 gal||liters/m³|
|To help improve foam performance and hole cleaning||1 – 4||2.5 – 10|
Note: Salt water may require twice as much LIQUI-TROL viscosifier or polymer as fresh water. Preferably, LIQUI-TROL should be mixed in freshwater before it is added to salty water.
PACKAGING & CONTROLS
LIQUI-TROL viscosifier or polymer is packaged in 5-gal (19-liter) plastic pails.