BOREHOLE STABILIZING DRY POLYMER
EZ-MUD DP borehole stabilizing dry synthetic polymer contains high molecular weight partially hydrolyzed polyacrylamide/polyacrylate (PHPA) copolymer. EZ-MUD DP water-soluble polymer, when mixed with fresh water, hydrates quickly and forms a clear, viscous fluid. EZ-MUD DP dry polymer provides excellent borehole stability through a coating mechanism (encapsulation).
- Can disperse easily with minimal shear; non-fermenting
- Efficient shale/clay stabilizer and viscosifier; helps impart high degree of lubricity
- Compatible with other drilling fluid additives when added in proper sequence
- No petroleum distillates involved
- Breaks down chemically with bleach (sodium hypochlorite); NSF/ANSI Standard 60 Certified
The use of EZ-MUD DP dry polymer assists and promotes the following:
- Stabilize reactive clay and shale formations
- Keep trench excavation open during the construction
- Produce high viscosity solids-free slurry
- Enhance rheological properties of a low-solids drilling mud
- Enhance core recovery in continous wireline coring operations
- Flocculate non-reactive solids in reserve pit at low concentrations ? Reduce torque and drag
Appearance: White, free-flowing granules
pH (0.15% solution): 7.5
Density: 1.45 (as packaged)
MIXING & HANDLING
|Approximate Amounts of EZ-MUD DP Added to Drilling Fluid System|
|Drilling Application / Desired Property||lbs/100 gal||lbs/bbl||kg/m³|
|Added to fresh water (to formulate a clay-free drilling fluid)|
|To help stabilize water-sensitive formations||0.5 – 2.0||0.2 – 0.8||0.6 – 2.4|
|To help stop rod vibration, reduce torque and pumping pressure||0.5 – 1.5||0.2 – 0.6||0.6 – 1.8|
|Added to QUIK-GEL or BORE-GEL Drilling Fluids|
|To help retard reactive shale and clay and enhance lubricity||0.25 – 0.75||0.1 – 0.3||0.3 – 1.0|
|Added to injection liquid in air/foam drilling applications|
|To help improve foam performance and hole conditions||0.5 – 1.0||0.2 – 0.4||0.6 – 1.2|
- Make-up water used to mix EZ-MUD DP polymer, viscosifier or additive should meet the following quality: total chloride less than 1500 ppm (mg/L) total hardness less than 150 ppm as calcium total chlorine less than 50 ppm water pH between 8.5-9.5
- Reduce total hardness of make-up water by adding soda ash (sodium carbonate) at 0.5 to 1 pound per 100 gallons (0.6 – 1.2 kg/m³) of make-up water.
- EZ MUD DP polymer, viscosifier or additive can be chemically broken down with regular household liquid bleach (5% sodium hypochlorite). Use one gallon of liquid bleach per 100 gallons (10 liters/m³) of fluid formulated with EZ MUD DP polymer, viscosifier or additive. Do not use perfumed liquid bleach or solid calcium hypochlorite.
PACKAGING & CONTROLS
EZ-MUD DP polymer, viscosifier or additive is packaged in 14-lb (6.4-kg) resealable plastic containers as well as 50-lb (22.7-kg) and 25-kg (55-lb) multiwall paper bags.