HIGH PERFORMANCE FOAMING AGENT
QUIK-FOAM foaming agent is a proprietary blend of biodegradable surfactants that can be added to fresh, brine, or brackish water for air/foam, air/gel-foam, or mist drilling applications.
- NSF/ANSI Standard 60 Certified
- High quality, high expansion foam with a consistency similar to shaving foam
- High stability with excellent retention time
- Versatile and compatible with various types of make-up water
- Readily undergoes primary and ultimate (>99%) biodegradation
- Proven product for multi-discipline application
The use of QUIK-FOAM foamer assists or promotes the following:
- Enhance the rate of cuttings removal
- Increase the ability of lifting large volumes of water
- Improve hole-cleaning capability of the airstream
- Reduce the sticking tendencies of wet clays, thereby eliminating mud rings and wall packing
- Reduce erosion of poorly consolidated formations
- Provide a technique for drilling in zones with lost circulation
- Increase borehole stability
- Reduce air-volume requirement
- Suppress dust during air drilling operation
Appearance: Light yellow, transparent liquid
Specific Gravity: 1.02
pH (0.5% solution): 7.1
Flash point, PMCC: 82°F (28°C)
Pour Point: 0°F (-18°C)
MIXING & HANDLING
|Approximate Amounts of QUIK-FOAM Added to Injection Water|
|Dry-air drilling (as a dust suppressant)||0.5 – 1 pints||0.2 – 0.5 pints||0.5 – 1.5|
|Mud-mist drilling in sticky clays||1 – 2 quarts||1 – 2 pints||2.5 – 5.0|
|Foam and gel-foam drilling||0.5 – 2 gallons||1.5 – 7 pints||5.0 – 20.0|
|As a slug to clean the annulus||1 pint*||0.5 pints*||0.5**|
*In drill pipe, followed by 3 to 5 gallons of water; **Followed by 20 liters of water
Note: Close product container immediately after use to avoid gelling.
|Product Make-ups for Air Drilling Injection Slurries|
|Main Ingredient of Injection Slurry||Water (gallons)||QUIK-GEL viscosifier (pounds)||QUIK-TROL GOLD polymer (pounds)||QUIK-FOAM foaming agent (% by volume)|
|Foam Drilling System||100||…||…||0.02 – 3.0|
Add QUIK-FOAM to injection water. Inject into the air stream at a rate necessary to maintain hole stability and penetration rate. Increase amount of QUIK-FOAM as required to compensate for downhole water dilution
|Firm-Foam Drilling System||100||…||0.5 – 1.0||0.1 – 2.0|
Mix polymer with water before adding QUIK-FOAM. 1-2 pints of EZ MUD® may be used as a substitute for QUIK-TROL GOLD. Inject into the air stream at a rate necessary to maintain hole stability and penetration rate.
|Mud-Mist Drilling System||100||25||…||0.3 – 1.0|
Mix viscosifier with water before adding QUIK-FOAM. Inject into the air stream at a rate necessary to maintain hole stability and penetration rate. Resulting viscosity is 32-40 sec/qt as measured by Marsh Funnel.
|Gel-Foam Drilling System||100||12 – 15||1||0.3 – 1.0|
Mix viscosifier and polymer with water before adding QUIK-FOAM. Inject into the air stream at a rate necessary to maintain hole stability and penetration rate. Resulting viscosity is 32-40 sec/qt as measured by Marsh Funnel.
Note: In some states, it is illegal to discharge any foreign substance into the water shed due to potential contamination of ground water. After use, the foam mixture must be localized in an earthen pit or some type of containment and allowed to biodegrade naturally.
PACKAGING & CONTROLS
QUIK-FOAM is packaged in 5-gallon (19-liter) plastic containers or in 55-gallon (208-liter) drums.