ONE SACK GROUTING AND PLUGGING MATERIAL
EZ-SEAL one-sack granular bentonite product is intended for use as an easily mixed grouting and plugging material.
- One-sack product
- Easy to mix and apply, just add fresh water
- Flexibility in application rate and grout set time
- Good structural integrity
- Low permeability
- No heat of hydration
- Minimal depletion of grout level after emplacement
- NSF/ANSI Standard 60 certified
The use if EZ-SEAL bentonite assists or promotes the following:
- Sealing or grouting of plastic and steel casings
- Plugging abandoned boreholes and filling earthen cavities
- Grouting of loops for ground source heat pumps
- Reduction of lost circulation
- Stabilization of broken and unconsolidated formations
Appearance: Bluish-tan granules
Volume, ft³/sack: 0.70
Thermal conductivity, btu/hr ft °F (watts/meter °C): 0.41 (0.70)
MIXING & HANDLING
Add one 50-lb (22.7 kg) sack of EZ-SEAL material to appropriate amount of make-up water to obtain the desired solids content:
|% Solids grout||15||20||23|
|Yield volume, gallons||35.3||26.3||22.3|
|Yield volume, liters||133.6||99.6||84.4|
Once EZ-SEAL® bentonite is added to the mixing water, the slurry will have an “oatmeal consistency” containing un-yielded and partially hydrated bentonite granules. It is recommended the product be blended only long enough to gain suspension of the EZ-SEAL material. Immediately tremie the grout into place to allow the bentonite granules to hydrate and swell in situ. Do not over mix and do not use a centrifugal pump.
- The grouting material and method selected will depend upon the specific subsurface environment including all prevailing geological and hydrological factors and any existing regulatory requirements.
- The use of bentonite may not be appropriate in environments where the formation water chemistry has a total hardness greater than 500 parts per million and/or a chloride content of greater than 1500 parts per million.
PACKAGING & CONTROLS
EZ-SEAL bentonite is packaged in 50-lb (22.7 kg) multiwall paper bags, containing 0.7 ft³ (0.02 m³).