EXTREME PRESSURE LUBRICANT
EP MUDLUBE modified tall oil fatty acid can be used to impart extreme pressure lubricating properties to drilling fluids. EP MUDLUBE lubricant readily adsorbs on exposed surfaces, providing a physical coating that is effective in reducing metal-to-metal friction.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Effective small concentrations
- Help reduce metal-to-metal friction and resultant torque
- Compatible with other Baroid drilling fluid additives when added in proper sequence
- Can reduce drill rod torque and drag
- Can Lubricate drill rods and casing in close tolerance boreholes
- Can reduce heat generated at bit face
- Can enhance tolerance of chemical contaminations in drilling fluids
- Can minimize differential sticking
- Can mitigate drill string corrosion
Appearance: Thick dark fluid
Specific gravity: 146 (63)
Flash Point, PUCC F (C): 0.94
MIXING & HANDLING
Using a Venturi Mixer, or into vortex of a high-speed stirrer, add slowly and uniformly to the entire circulating system.
|Approximate Amounts of EP MUDLUBE lubricant Added to Water Based Fluids|
|Added to bentonite or polymer-based drilling fluid||0.75 – 3.5||2 – 8||5 – 20|
|Slug treatment for torque reduction in problematic zones and deviated holes||2 – 4 quarts (2 – 4 liters) added directly to pipe|
PACKAGING & CONTROLS
EP MUDLUBE extreme pressure lubricant is packaged in 5-gallon (19-liter) plastic containers and 55-gallon (208-liter) drums.