LOST CIRCULATION MATERIAL
Drilling Paper, shredded cellulosic fiber, can be used to reduce lost circulation in water based fluids. When combined with lost circulation materials made of coarser fibers, Drilling Paper rapidly bridges between the coarser fibers and speeds formation of the seal when larger openings in the formation are taking fluid.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Disperse rapidly
- Effective in porous sands, gravels and fractured environments
- Compatible with other loss of circulation additives
- Drilling Paper can be used in varying concentrations in the form of slug treatments or as an additive to the entire fluid system.
- Can enhance core recovery in continuous wireline coring operations
Appearance: Grey fiber
Specific gravity: 1.4
MIXING & HANDLING
- Drilling Paper can be added directly through a Venturi hopper or into the vortex of a high-speed stirrer.
- For normal treatment to the active system, add 10-35 lb/100 gallons drilling fluid (12-42 kg/m³)
- As a pill, add 35-95 lb/100 gallons of drilling fluid (42-115 kg/m³)
- The above are generalized concentrations of Drilling Paper Loss of Circulation Material to be added to water-based drilling fluids. The ultimate usage concentration will be based on local geology, application and mixing efficiency. In the event that further information is needed please refer to the Product Data Sheet or contact your local Baroid IDP representative.
PACKAGING & CONTROLS
Drilling Paper is packaged in 40-lb (18.2 kg) multi-wall paper bags.