CORE BARREL LUBRICANT
CORE-LUBE natural, linseed-based soft soap is used as a core barrel lubricant on diamond core drills.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Helps improve core recovery
- Helps extend length of core run in broken ground
- Can lengthen useable life of downhole wireline components
The use of CORE-LUBE lubricant can promote the following:
- Easy sliding of the core into the inner tube
- Lubrication of the core lifter
- Minimized wear on the inner tube
- Formulation of a non-polluting water-based solution for cleaning inner tube components and rig equipment
MIXING & HANDLING
As aid in core recovery
- A handful or saturated swab of CORE-LUBE lubricant may be smeared inside the bottom of the inner tube before it is inserted into the drill rods. Also, a liberal amount may be applied to the core lifter parts.
As a cleaning solution for drill rig components
- Mix one quart of CORE-LUBE lubricant with 50 gallons of water or 5 liters of CORE-LUBE lubricant per m³ of water.
PACKAGING & CONTROLS
CORE-LUBE core barrel lubricant is packaged in 25-lb (11.4 kg) resealable plastic pails with wire bail handles.